Thursday, May 29, 2008

EVERYBODY'S Cover Story

Okay, here's the thing ...

When did we get to the point where politics was about slinging as much mud as possible on each candidate? When did we get to the point where the issues took a back seat to digging up and explaining all the mud in your life?

Don't get me wrong, I believe that your ethics need to be consistent, you cannot screw people here and then NOT screw them there. That is an imposibility even in our dichotic world.

BUT there is a lot of room for HUMANS who make mistakes in the political arena. There has to be or only Jesus Christ could run for office. There has to be room for an honest politician to say, "You know what, you are right, I screwed up, I shouldn't have done that, but I learned from it, I am now a better person than I was then. NOW lets talk about our fixing our schools, or economic issues, or even Yucca Mountain."

I pray there is still room for our great state to forgive and forget. But in the age of internet searches we will always find stupid things our politicians say and do and a grainy video to prove it. I pray there is still room to discuss REAL issues instead of just the latest dirt.

Everybody's cover story is Gibbons possible affair or Bush's press secretary's new book. What just happened to the issues?

Let's get over it, get on with it, get done with it, and GET GOING AGAIN!

No comments: